Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The END is Near!


I was having a conversation with my parents over the weekend as to how small the town I grew up in was (4500 people). During the conversation I stated "When Lindsay gets a Starbucks, the end of the world is near" And you guessed it, they told me that a Starbucks is in Lindsay now.

So with that, have your flashlight, food and water ready because the times are changing. GRAB THE KIDS AND RUN FOR THE HILLS.....

I know it is a bit of an inside joke, but if you have ever been to Lindsay, in the Central Valley of California, you would either laugh or cry. The only two things Lindsay is famous for, are Lindsay Olives (you can still find them in your grocery store, even though they are not produced there any longer) and Steve Garvey Jr. High (Yes, that Steve Garvey that played with the Dodgers)

By the way, the photo with the mural is in Lindsay, California. They have these all over town and have won a few national awards for them. So, if you are in the area, grab a "Starbucks" and check out the murals. You can see the house I grew up in on the 200 block of Sierra View over by the park.

No comments: